Q. What are the server addresses for my newsreader?
You can access our servers with three easy to remember server addresses.
For more information on how to access our servers and configure your newsreader please visit out tutorial section.
Q. Do you limit download speeds?
Absolutely not! Usenet World does not throttle or limit download speeds.
Q. What exactly is Usenet service?
An Internet service consisting of newsgroups broken down into over 120,000 different categories containing information that is posted by people from all over the World. For more information about Usenet please visit this Wikipedia article.
Q. Is Usenet World a premium Usenet provider?
Yes. We offer premium service to the World of Usenet. With premium access you get increased retention periods, SSL connections, and unlimited download speeds.
Q. What plans do you offer? How much do they cost?
We offer four different monthly plans ranging from Unlimited ($9.95/month) download access to 6 gigabytes ($2.95/month). We also offer a 14 day 15 gigabyte free trial for new members so you can test our service to make sure it's right for you.
Q. What is encrypted Usenet access?
- Encrypted Usenet is similar to what happens when you make a payment transaction on the Internet. The traffic is encrypted using SSL technology as it flows through the Internet pipes. Encrypted access prevents third parties from being able to see the traffic as it's moving across the Internet.
Q. Do all plans include encrypted access?
- Yes. All of our plans include SSL access at no additional charge.
Q. What payment options do you accept?
- You can pay for Usenet World using a credit card or PayPal. Your payment information is then securely stored at our merchant USAePay when a credit card is used and at PayPal when that option is chosen.
Q. Do I get to keep my unused bandwidth?
- No. Unused bandwidth does not roll over to your next billing period.
Q. What happens if I go over my allowed bandwidth for the month?
- If you exceed your monthly bandwidth allowance your access will be suspended until your next renewal date. You can monitor your bandwidth usage from the members area.
Q. How do I upgrade or download my account level?
- Upgrading and downgrading your plan can be done by contacting our billing department or by canceling your current plan and signing up for an upgraded plan.
Q. How do I cancel my account?
- Canceling your account is simple. Just log into the members area and click on "Cancel" in the navigation menu. If you are canceling a credit card payment the process is handled from within the members area and if canceling a PayPal account you will be redirected to PayPal.com to cancel your billing agreement. You account will then expire on your final day of billing.
Q. How do I check the amount of bandwidth I've used for the month?
- You can check your bandwidth usage by logging into the members area. The members area will display how much bandwidth you have used and how much you have remaining.
Q. How many connections can I setup in my newsreader?
- You are allowed 50 connections to our servers per username. If you exceed more then 50 connections you will start to receive errors that you've exceeded your connection limit. Some newsreaders don't close active connections before attempting to open new ones. That is why we suggest setting 45 connections in your newsreader to avoid connection problems.
Q. How do I use the mobile and web gateways?
- You can access our mobile and web based gateway using two easy to remember web addresses.
Web Gateway: webnews.usenetworld.net
Mobile Gateway: webnews.usenetworld.net/i/
Q. Do you offer a free trial?
- Yes. Usenet World offers new members a 14 day 15 gigabyte free trial. New members are invited to test our service free of charge for 14 days of 15 gigabytes of usage. You will be charged on the 15 day if you don't cancel within the trial period. If you exceed the 15 gigabyte limit within the 14 day trial your service will be suspended. You can then activate full membership from the members area.
Q. Why do you charge $0.01 for your free trial?
- In order for us to verify your credit card we must process a charge of $0.01. This charge is non-refundable and is processed when you sign up for our free trial offer.
Q. Do you log my downloads?
- Due to the structure of Usenet we don't log what you download. We do keep track of bandwidth usage.
Q. Can I pay with PayPal?
- Yes. We accept PayPal for both our free trial offer and full membership sign-ups.
Q. Do you have a phone number I can call?
- Yes. You can contact our billing department using our toll free 1-800 number. We only offer billing support over the phone. All other questions should be directed to our technical support team via our support form.
Phone Number: 1-888-415-7781
Q. The FAQ doesn't have the answer I'm looking for. What now?
- If you questions wasn't answered in our FAQ you can search for an answer in our knowledge base. If you are unable to find an answer there please contact our technical support department. If it's a billing related question you can either use our support form or contact us via our 1-800 number.
Phone Number: 1-888-415-7781